Monday, May 19, 2014

FOUR EARTH QUAKE EVENTS FOR GAYS

6741 pageviews to this site as of 5-19-2014

Four events have marked my life as a gay man
like earth quakes.

1. In 1962 Uncle Sam considered drafting me during the years following the Korean conflict but he thought he needed to know whether I had "homosexual tendencies."  I told him and have never hid it since.

2. In 1970 Jack Baker and Mike McConnell got married in Minnesota where I was teaching French as an Instructor and pretending to write my doctoral dissertation.  This led me to become a gay activist.

3.  Monica Lewinsky told the world she gave Bill Clinton a blow job in the White House (East Wing, I think.)  This  liberated the world in its attitudes towards oral sex, previously thought to be the evil of deviate gay men. This caused me to opine rather personally,  as young lesbians and their co-conspirators started rejecting the word "gay" and replacing it with "queer" or "LGBT", that I'd rather be called a cocksucker than a queer.  This also made me realize that gay men probably have more in common with Monica Lewinsky than we do with some lesbian feminists.

4. Michael Sam's KISS surprised and pleased me with all the same force as the first gay wedding, with the same force as the first Lewinsky for the historical record.



Young people dream up and do the damnedest things! 

Thank you Jack, Mike, Monica and Michael Sam!  

You have made the world a better place for this old ____________ (choose your noun).

May 19, 2014
I'd say queen myself.

No comments: